You are invited to attend the Festival of Football Sweden as a player, coach, umpire, or volunteer. Due to the coronavirus pandemic this is not a public event and members of the public are not invited to spectate.
If you would like to register as a volunteer please see below under Register as an umpire or volunteer. More information about what we are doing to minimise the spread under COVID-19 information.
WHEN: Saturday 26th September 2020, 12:00 to 18:00
LOCATION: Limhamnsfältet 216 13 Malmö (parking near Ribersborgsstigen 6)
There is no entry fee but you will pay for your own accommodation and transport.
Registration for whole team
Contact Katren Rogers (on Facebook or email@example.com) by Monday 21st September with:
- The total number of players (and indicate if you need any extra players)
- The names of anyone who can umpire and/or score (and whether or not they are also players)
Register as an individual player
- If you want to play but you don’t have a team, contact Katren Rogers (on Facebook or firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 21st September with your name and whether you can also umpire and/or score
- We’ll allocate you to a team that needs extra players
Register as an umpire or volunteer
Contact Katren Rogers (on Facebook or email@example.com) by Monday 21st September with your name and whether or not you can:
- Goal umpire
- Score / Timekeeping / Commentate
- Assist with catering
- Water runner
If you don’t even know the rules, we still need plenty of other help with timekeeping, catering, etc so please get in touch!
Remember that members of the public are not invited, so please register as a volunteer to attend!
All umpires will receive a gift from the organisers and there is a prize for best umpire.
Accommodation and transport
- To be arranged and paid for by participating clubs – contact Katren Rogers if you need any help.
- Individuals who need help finding shared accommodation or a host in Malmö are invited to contact Katren Rogers (on Facebook or firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 21st September.
- Men’s competition: minimum of 14 and maximum of 18 players on the field, and up to 6 players on the interchange bench, for each team.
- Women’s competition: minimum of 7 and maximum of 9 players on the field, and up to 4 players on the interchange bench, for each team.
- All matches will be played in four 10-minute quarters with two-minute quarter breaks, and a five-minute break at half time.
- Each team will play each other once, and the top two teams in each competition, decided by points followed by percentage, will advance to the final.
- Current teams participating are:
|Men’s League||Women’s League|
|Port Malmö Maulers||Port Malmö Lynx|
|Norrtälje Dockers (M)||Norrtälje Dockers (W)|
|Scandinavian Giants All-Stars (M)||Scandinavian Giants All-Stars (W)|
Food during the day
- Port Malmö will run a BBQ at the field where teams can collect food orders during the day. Please fill in your food order and pay by swish to 1230836924 before Monday 21st September here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17FvKy-N2gDrcGig3ym8W1O9lrUSnp3m1KmUpVsc5JMo/edit?usp=sharing
- You will pick your food up at allocated times on the day.
- The nearest supermarkets are 20 minutes’ walk so come prep ared with snacks.
Presentation of awards
- Aftermatch formalities will be conducted immediately after the tournament at the field, outdoors and with appropriate distancing.
- This will include presentation of winners’ medals and ‘team of the tournament’, jumpers for the best female and best male players, and an award for the best umpire.
- In light of the COVID-19 situation, the Festival of Football Sweden is not a public event. That means that players, coaches, umpires, and support persons are invited to play and help run matches, but members of the public are not invited to spectate.
- We ask that teams who are not scheduled to play keep an appropriate distance from each other and the interchange area while matches are underway.
- Hand sanitising facilities will be provided and should be used by players frequently, before and after matches and during breaks. Do not come if you are sick!
- Matches and media will be streamed live and posted online during and after the Festival of Football event.
- By attending the event you agree to being photographed and filmed.
- If you do not wish to appear online please contact event organisers prior to the event.
Stay tuned on our Facebook and Instagram for all the latest updates.
*AFL Sweden recognises and adheres to the current public health guidelines from www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Dates: 26th of September, 2020
Current Champions: Norrtälje Dockers (Men & Women)